The practice and its personnel have a proven track record in consistently designing and delivering high quality buildings.
We offer a wealth of innovation, design and technical ability, drawing on experience from Foster and Partners and Faulkner Browns and success gained from designing and delivering major projects such as the £25m Echo 24 apartments in Sunderland prior to the creation of Fitz Architects.
At Fitz Architects we pride ourselves in providing a complete and dedicated service to our client’s project design philosophy driven entirely by the needs of our clients.
Craig Fitzakerly – managing director (right)
Clinton Mysleyko – director (left)
Our work balances economic, aesthetic, social and environmental needs.
Site Specific Design
Locate buildings to optimise opportunities such as sun, wind and orientation.
Choose materials and construction methods to enhance the performance of the building envelope.
Top-up with renewable technologies such as solar and photovoltaic panels for hot water and electricity. Being environmentally responsible can generate savings for the next 30-50 years.
Awards & recognition
- Winners of Local Authority Building Control ‘Building Excellence’ Awards – Best small housing development 2015
- Winners of the Constructing Excellence National 2013 Awards – Innovation
- Winners of the Housing Excellence Awards – Best New Affordable Housing Scheme 2013
- Winners of the Construction Excellence North East Award – Innovation 2013
- Winners of the Sunderland Local Building Control Excellence Award – Best Housing Development (11 plus units) 2011
- Winners of the 4 Housing Group Development Awards – Special Innovation Award 2010
- Winners of the regional Journal North East Business awards – Small Business Award 2009
- Winners of the regional Journal North East Business awards – Corporate Responsibility and Environment Award 2009
- Winners of Local Authority Building Control ‘Built in quality’ awards – Best access award 2008